Our School’s COVID Plan
Students at P.S. 154 Continuing to attend school 5 days a week and remote learning from home
Parents and Guardians
Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you’ll find all the
critical information about how school P.S. 154
is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk
of COVID infection.
We are doing everything we can to make sure staff,
students, and families are safe.
Please check back regularly, as we will update
the information here as conditions change.
also has important information and resources for you.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WHILE IN THE SCHOOL BUILDING
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
Masks: Masks must be worn at all times by all adults (teachers, staff, and visitors) and by all students in PRE-K and up while in the building.
Handwashing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
Drop-off and pickup procedures: Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents must pick up their children on time.
- Health Screening : All students and adults will have their temperature checked and must complete the health screening form prior to entering the school building. The completed form must be shown to staff members upon arrival. The health form can be found in different languages on the school website www.ps154queensny.org.
HOW REMOTE LEARNING WORKS
- Combines synchronous (live teaching) with asynchronous (not live teaching) methods to provide all learners with optimal learning experiences.
- Participate in video/real time lessons.
- Complete assigned work/learning activities to the best of their ability and by the due dates indicated.
- Read at least 20 minutes every day.
- Establish a daily routine and provide an appropriate space to support student learning.
- Review assigned work, discuss expectations with your child and communicate with teachers.
- Set limits on technology use for games, social media, etc.
- Emphasize the importance of learning and education
- Expect your child to read at least 20 minutes everyday.
- It is important that students get an appropriate amount of sleep each night.